Maybe in your next over-Europe trip Barcelona didn’t make the cut for a long-trip destination; but that’s not an issue if you still are just passing by and want to enjoy the sights. Culture vultures, relaxation aficionados and cuisine fiends: Welcome to Barcelona! Overall, this is your weekend get-away paradise. Filled with endless activities to fulfill your holiday aspirations, Barcelona is the ideal place to drop in. To get the best out of your 36 hours in Barcelona, follow our plan; guaranteed to satisfy your culture needs, food cravings and send you home more relaxed than ever.
Find your accommodation now!
Now, the following timetables take place between Friday at 17:00 hrs and Sunday at 14:00 hrs. Are you ready for your 36 hours in Barcelona? Moreover, this events occur in real time:
- 17:00hr: Spend Friday afternoon strolling the busy, beautiful streets of Barcelona’s city center. A tourist hub, known as Las Ramblas is always full of life and energy; with street performers and little souvenir shops along the way. Start at Plaça de Catalunya and walk down La Rambla till you hit the market La Boqueria. Don’t miss the change to take a quick stroll inside one of the most famous markets in Europe for some tasty fresh fruits, sweets and incredible croquets and empanadillas.
- 19:00hr: Calling all shopaholics. Barcelona is one of the world’s fashion capitals; so don’t hesitate to indulge yourself in a little shopping around the city. Walk up Passieg de Gracia for the big brand names; for instance, Michael Kors and Bvlgari; and Carrer de Pelai for your regular brands like Zara, Mango and Bershka. To take a quick shopping break, head to Corte Ingles in Plaça de Catalunya for a cup of tea or a quick bite at the restaurant at the top!
- 21:30hr: For a true Spanish tapas experience, dine at Ciudad Condal at Rambla de Catalunya. Ciudad Condal is a lively restaurant with the most amazing tapas! They are always busy and unfortunately don’t take reservations, but definitely worth the wait. Make sure to go over to the outside seating area and tell the waiter to put you on the list! While you wait, you can take a walk around the area or go for a drink nearby.
- 10:00hr: Get an early start on Saturday to make the most of the city. Barcelona is a cultural bliss with its gorgeous Gaudí buildings and endless museums. Our top 5 suggestions for sightseeing are:
- La Sagrada Familia; Gaudi’s unfished masterpiece
- Camp Nou; Home to football giant, FC Barcelona
- Telèferic de Montjuïc; Take a Cable car up to Montjuïc Castle for stunning views
- Park Güell; An architectural garden located on the hill of Carmel
- Barri Gòthic; Center of Barcelona’s old city
- 21:00hr: Every 30 minutes between 21:00 and 23:00 hours, witness the Magic Fountain show located in Plaza Espanya. This spectacular water display accompanied by music is an unmissable attraction in Barcelona. Should you choose to visit, Plaza Espanya is also home to the bullring reformed into shopping center Las Arenas. With plenty of rooftop excellent restaurants to choose from, your dining experience will be accompanied by an incredible view.
- 23:00hr: To end your evening in style, head to Grand Hotel Central and have a cocktail or two at their Skybar and enjoy the city by night. With the stunning views, swinging music and tasty cocktails, its bound to be a night to remember.
- 10:00hr: What better way to start your day than with Churros!? This warm, fried, sweet, bready Spanish treat is a must-have on your weekend trip! I would recommend Comaxurros for some traditional churros with a modern feel. The churrería has earned its stellar reputation over the last few months for their modern take on the snack, so head over to pamper your taste buds with deliciousness.
- 12:00hr: After all, you are here to relax so go spend some time working on that tan at the beach! However beautiful, Barceloneta is full of people all day and gets very busy on the weekends. If you are up for it, take the train from Sants Renfe Station over to Platja de Castedefells – which is around 20 minutes away from the city center- for a quiet and peaceful afternoon. After spending a couple hours in this paradise, alas it is time to head back.
And… time’s up! After such beautiful 36 hours in Barcelona it is only natural you wouldn’t want to leave, so we hope to see you again in Barcelona soon!