Transbordador Aeri Barcelona
The Transbordador Aeri Barcelona or Port Cable Car connects Port Vell with Montjuïc and transports more than 2,000 passengers per day. It is often confused with the monorail of Montjuïc, another cable car that leads to the hill of Montjuïc.
What better way to visit the city than to take a ride on the cable car? Indeed, it offers us a breathtaking view of the city of Barcelona and the Mediterranean Sea.
The Montjuïc Cable Car has been for many years the most special way to discover the charms of Barcelona. Moreover, its 750 meters of road allow you to enjoy an incomparable view, which culminates in the Montjuïc Castle, at the top of a mountain that constitutes the living history of the city. Enjoy like never before the most emblematic symbols of Barcelona, such as the Sagrada Familia, the Camp Nou or the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc. You will have Barcelona at your feet!
It was originally planned to be opened in time for the 1929 World Fair held in Barcelona. It was, however, delayed until it officially opened in 1931. During the civil war it was closed, the cables removed and the three towers were used as defense points during air raids. There are still bullet holes visible on the Jaume I tower from this time. The cable car was reopened in 1963 and has been functional until the present day.
There are 3 towers – Sant Sebastia (port), Jaume I and Montjuïc. Each cabin holds up to 20 people and it runs every 10-15 minutes. It is not for the faint hearted or for those with a fear of heights, but it does offer spectacular views of the city and a different way to enjoy the city of Barcelona.
- January to February: from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- March to May: from 11:00 am to 6:30 pm.
- June to September: from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- October: from 11:00 am to 6:30 pm.
- November to December: from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
We recommend buying a round-trip ticket to enjoy the view and relax from the Mirador de l’Alcalde, and walk through the gardens of Miramar, Costa i Llobera, Cinto Verdaguer and Joan Brossa, which offers breathtaking views of Barcelona.
- Adults: One way (8.90€) / Return trip (13.50€)
- Children (from 4 to 12 years old ): One way (7.10€) / Return trip (9.70€)
- Less than 4 years old: Free
One-way tickets can only be purchased at the Montjuïc Cable Car ticket office in cash or by credit card. Also, if you book online from the Hola Barcelona platform, you can show your voucher from your mobile device or printed on paper at the ticket office. Additionally, the reservation is valid for 90 days from the date of purchase.
How to get there
Indeed, there are several ways to get to the Telefèric. So, you can get there from any of the three stops along the route. Thus, choose the one that suits you best:
- Metro + Funicular: L2/L3 Paral-lel + Funicular Monjuic
- Barcelona Bus Turistic: Ruta Vermella Montjuic Park
- Bus: 55/150 Av. Miramar – Estació del Funicular
The Montjuïc Cable Car applies measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- Wearing a mask is mandatory inside the cabins and in the rest of the facilities.
- Please keep a safe distance from other users.
- They control the number of people accessing our facilities.
- For your safety, they have reinforced the hygiene and disinfection measures of the cabins and all their facilities.
- You have at your disposal points to disinfect your hands.
Are you planning a trip to Barcelona and looking for somewhere to stay? So, why not take a look at the AVAILABLE APARTMENT RENTALS ON OUR WEBSITE! Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.