Barcelona has a wide range of fantastic shopping centres to choose from and L’illa Diagonal is no exception. Moreover, the complex of L’illa Diagonal was known at first as the “Superblock“; the extent of the area occupied and the impact on the city resulting from the construction of the complex, required an international consultation for ideas. In the same vein, L’illa Diagonal Shopping Centre was the first of the half dozen office and commercial centres to be opened in Barcelona in the nineties.
Find your accommodation now!
About the L’illa Diagonal Shopping Centre
The shopping centre L’illa Diagonal is on Avenida Diagonal which divides the areas of Les Corts and Sants-Gervasi. This place was initially labelled as a “supermanzana” due to its enormous size and appearance (illa also means ‘block’ in Catalan). It is a shoppers paradise but also contains many other facilities and the building has many other purposes too besides just shopping.
Its design is by the hand of the architects Rafael Moneo; and Manuel de Solà-Morales. Then subsequently officially went open in 1993. Its design had its inspiration by the Rockefeller centre laid down on its side; and covers a huge area incorporating commercial, business and public spaces. In 2006, it was further expanded with the addition of an extra hotel. Today it has for instance over 170 shops, 2 four star hotels, 2 schools, a sports centre and a conference centre! In addition, it is a huge space and is for the serious shopaholics amongst you.
What can you find in there?
In the shopping centre itself there are a variety of shops available; including fashion, home decor, jewellery stores, sport shops and restaurants. It does get very busy in the shopping centre as it is so popular especially during the weekends, so expect big queues and crowds of people on Saturdays.The sheer size and impressive architecture of the building is worth a visit alone; but whilst you’re there you might as well take advantage of the many shops and restaurants on offer to enjoy at your leisure.
Moreover, your shopping mall L’illa Diagonal offers you a wide variety fashion boutiques and food shops and many services so that shopping in Barcelona turns into a unique experience.
- Customer Service. Information on the mall and its services. Personalized attention for complaints and suggestions.
- Anti-Child loss System
- Infant Care Facilities; there’s a separate infant care room in the restroom area on the first floor. It is equipped with a microwave oven, table, seats, and a diaper changing table.
- Diaper Changing Tables
- Electric vehicles. Loading service for electric vehicles in the Saba car park.
- Employment Opportunities
- Gift Wrap. You can wrap your gifts at the Information Point.
- Rest Areas
- T-Casual Public Transportation Tickets
- Children’s Services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Get parking time
- Taxi Call
- Gift Card
- Charge your phone
- Lockers to deposit electric scooters and charge them
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 09:30 to 21:00
Address: Centro Comercial Illa Diagonal, Avinguda Diagonal, 557, 08029 Barcelona
How to get to L’illa Diagonal? Most importantly, it is very easy to get to the centre as there are so many different ways:
- Metro: L3 (Maria Cristina)
- Bus: 6, 7, V7, 33, 34, 63, 66, 67, 78, N0, N12
- Tram: T1, T2, T3 (L’illa)
- Car: Parking is available with more than 2400 spaces
For more information, you can go and check their website.