Nightskate APB or the “Associació de Patinadors de Barcelona” is an organisation who are in charge of making rollerblading tours happen throughout Barcelona! They figure out the best and safest routes in order to explore Barcelona in a nice and active way. What’s more fun than skating through the city at night, when Barcelona is at its most beautiful! It’s a fantastic and unique way to get to know the city, meet new people, and be physically active and healthy.
Find your accommodation now!
Why take the rollerblading tours?
Sightseeing Barcelona is always a good and entertaining idea, even if you are a local or a visitor! And why not try a new mode of transportation to do it? In the same vein, Barcelona being one of the most bike-friendly cities in Europe which will make you feel secure so you can enjoy this type of tours as well.
Come along and see the main Barcelona attractions; from the Olímpic Port to El Born neighborhood, the impressive Plaça Espanya and the most famous Gaudí houses. You will see Barcelona from a point of view that will make your stay unforgettable! Moreover, there will be no rush at all; you can enjoy and relax at your leisure. Some of the highlights during this panoramic tour are: Arc de Triomf, El Born Market, Santa Maria del Mar church, the Old Port of Barcelona, Plaça Espanya, Passeig de Gràcia, Palau de la Música Catalana and the Ciutadella Park.
The APB is a non-profit organization, created in 2003, which aims to promote skating as a sport and leisure, and to promote relationships and human, social and cultural that derive from it; as well as providing a structure that allows to enhance greater public and administrative recognition.
About the timetables
The 2 hour long skate tour of Barcelona starts each Friday night from 22:30. If you are still too unsure about your skating skills to attend the rollerblading tour you can also join for free lessons. These start at 22:00 in Parc Del Clot in the Sant Martí neighborhood of Barcelona.
What about a membership?
If you wish to join the routes you can become a member online by paying €30 per year. Members are always free to join any routes. So if you were looking for a great new hobby or sport in Barcelona, this is the ideal option! It’s something active and social at the same time! Couldn’t be more perfect right?
Practical information: Safety rules
As well as every kind of sport, there a list of rules and compromises that everyone must follow to ensure the safety and security of the tours:
- You must have a minimum level of skating knowledge and physical resistance. If you do not know how to brake, turn or do not have enough physical strength to maintain a minimum sustained speed for a few kilometers you should postpone your assistance to the route until you are more prepared.
- Ensure the state of your skates before leaving your house. A brake that is too worn, a shaft that is not very tight, dirty bearings or in poor condition can be responsible for an accident during the route.
- Make sure to use the adecuate protections; such as helmet, the wrist guards, the elbow pads and the knee pads, so that way they will protect you in case you fall.
- Eat something before taking the tour and bring some water with you. If the body does not have enough nutrients fainting may occur.
- Be timely and listen to the indication of the organizers. The route has an established departure time. Likewise, the organizers guide the group during the route and are in continuous contact by radio to manage the movement of the skaters through the city and avoid any surprises.
- Learn the different signaling for the road and avoid getting distracted. If we all collaborate in maintaining safety on the route, multiple collisions can be avoided.