Barcelona has incredible world-class swimming facilities and this summer the city hosted the World Swimming Championships. Not only can you come to attend these great events but you can also try out swimming in Barcelona in these amazing settings for yourselves.
There are lots of local gyms across the city which offer day passes but you can also get the chance to swim in the Olympic pools on Montjuic hill at Piscines Bernat Picornell. There are three pools – an indoor, an outdoor and a diving pool. In summer, it is the perfect activity as you can cool down whilst admiring stunning city views of Barcelona. Swimming in Barcelona is a great activity to try when you’re out here. Plus you get to do a bit of sightseeing whilst exercising and working off all those tapas!
Find your accommodation now!
Outdoor pool is open from June to September 9.30am to 8.30pm, and for less hours outside of the summer months.
Indoor pool is open in general 7am to 8pm all year round.
To check out up-to-date times please visit the website of the pool which is unfortunately in Catalan.
Prices range from around €7 for children and from about €11 for adults.
How to get to swimming in Barcelona:
- Address: Avinguda de l’Estadi, 30 08038 Barcelona, Spain
- Transport: Funicular de Montjuic from Paral-lel metro station or buses 150 and 55.
- Prices: Price range from around €7 for children and from about €11 for adults.
Montjuïc Municipal Swimming PoolThe Montjuic municipal swimming pool is a sports facility located in the Olympic ring of Barcelona.This open-air pool also offers you a view of the whole of Barcelona from above so you can enjoy it to the full. It consists of two pools, a 25-metre pool and a pool dedicated to diving. It is a place where the public can spend time with family and friends during the summer months or improve their performance on their own. This municipal pool hosted the diving and water polo preliminaries for the 1992 Summer Olympics. They welcome you from June to September.
- Address: Avinguda Miramar, 31
- Transport: Metro: Plaça Espanya (L1, L3). Then take the escalators to Avinguda María Cristina. Buses: 55, 150 and 13 Funicular: from Paral-lel, for the price of a normal ticket
- Prices: Children’s ticket and senior citizens: 4,73 €. Adult ticket: 6,84 €. Adult ticket 10 tickets: 52,46 € Children’s ticket 10 tickets: 36,70 € Family ticket 10 tickets: 41,95 €
- Open Hours: Everyday from 11am to 7pm