CosmoCaixa is the science museum in Barcelona run by “la Caixa” Community Projects. For all people, children or not, it is an unforgettable journey through science designed to stimulate your knowledge through exhibitions and a wide variety of activities.
Highlights of the exhibitions:
- The Flooded Forest (Bosc inundat), which recreates 1,000 m2 of an Amazonian rainforest ecosystem and features piranhas, crocodiles and other animal and plant species typical of the zone;
- The Geological Wall, seven spectacular sections of real rock which illustrate the world’s different geological structures;
- The Room of Matter, an enthralling journey through the evolution of matter and life on our planet, with experiments, real pieces, and living beings.
- The Planetarium invites you to take a journey through space and time.
The museum building fascinating as its contents as it is a beautiful example of modernist architecture, designed and built between 1904 and 1909 by Josep Domènech i Estapà.
What does your booking include?:
- Admission to the CosmoCaixa Museum
- A whole host of activities and permanent and temporary exhibitions for a greater insight into the world of science.