Preguntas frecuentes [Propietario]
The conditions depend on the type of publication:
- Apartments with full management: Signing a exclusivity contract between Barcelona-Home and the owner, having a certain number of the apartment key copies (depending on the apartment characteristics).We will take care of each reservation from the booking process until after the check-out.
We will handle the marketing of the property, confirming/declining reservations, updating calendars taking the decisions which will bring the maximum benefit for the owner.
We will transfer you the money charged for every booking deducing our commission..
- Apartments without management: This service is 100% free for the owner, we will only charge a small booking fee to the client before sending you each reservation. You will not need to work exclusively with our company and you can receive reservations from Barcelona Home and other websites or platforms at the same time. We only ask you keep the calendar and prices updated daily. If the calendars and prices are not up to date, your property will loose visibility in our ranking.
Keeping the calendars and the prices updated allows us to work with an immediate reservation system. Our experience has shown us that this system benefits both our customers and the owners.
- For the customer, it is frustrating and unfair when a booking is cancelled by the landlord.
- For the landlord, not updating the calendars and the prices may result in a loss of reservations, income and loosing positions in the ranking.
- For us, a cancellation signifies a cost in terms of management and brand image/reputation.
Owners of fully managed properties cannot cancel any booking. If the reason for not accepting the booking is due to a serious and proven incident (works on the building, equipment malfunctions, etc) Barcelona Home will review the case and the owner will be exempt from any penalties. To do this you should contact us as soon as possible by calling us or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For owners of non-managed apartments, these are the measures Barcelona Home will take if you cancel a booking:
- The apartment will go to the bottom of the listings of apartments on our web page.
- The apartment will appear as not available for your reservation between 30 and 60 days.
- If this happens on recurrent basis: elimination of the property file on our website.
For any question about a booking you have received please email us at email@example.com
- Apartments with full management: If you need help or any other changes please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-managed apartments: From your owner account you can modify the prices, including increases and discounts on the specific dates, as well as the availability calendars. If you need help and for any other modification please send an email to email@example.com.
It is very important that you familiarise yourself with the operation of legislation of the city in which you have the property you want to rent.
Some cities have regulations that limit the possibility of you gaining economic benefit by renting your property for short periods of time. These laws are often part of the urban and/or administrative laws of the city and in many of them you will need to register to obtain a license permitting you to advertise a space to rent. Nevertheless, in some cases, certain types of short-term accommodations can be prohibited no matter what. The degree of implementation of these laws depends on each local administration. Penalties for the breach of these regulations may include fines or other measures. We recommend that you check local laws before posting your advertisement on Barcelona Home. Remember that by accepting our Terms of Service and publishing your ad on our website you certify that you are informed of and meet local laws and regulations.
Of course, this is not a problem. Properties that can be rented for two different uses have two different files, one for accommodation and one for events.
We only ask you to provide us with the following information, so we can evaluate if your property is appropriate for the different requests that we receive.
- Maximum capacity
- Minimum duration
- Maximum duration
- Price per day (approx.)
- Price per hour (approx, for events less than one day)
- Tourist license
- Uses (weddings, corporate events, bachelor parties, photo shoots, etc.)
- Special conditions