Helen Doron English
Do you want your kids to be bilingual? Start at the very beginning! Helen Doron English offers English courses for children in different age categories. It is highly recommended to start teaching your kids at the very young age because that is the time when they are able to learn the most. They absorb languages very fast. Moreover, introducing a foreign language during the early age contributes to overall brain development. The mission of Helen Doron English is to prepare children from 3 months to 18 years so they can have a bright future.
More than 30 years ago, British linguist and educator Helen Doron made a revolution in the teaching of English as a foreign language. It was a turning point in this industry and she instantly became a world leader by developing a method that imitates the way children learn their mother tongue. Nowadays, Helen Doron English is an international organization which spread worldwide to more than 30 countries. Almost 2 million children speak English thanks to Helen Doron.
What courses does she offer?
- Babies 0-3 years: This course includes pre-reading, sign language for babies, social skills, music and rhythm, psychomotor and cognitive development. The course takes place in small groups of parents and children once a week. It is a perfect opportunity to establish emotional bonds with your baby.
- Children 3-6 years: The course for children offers a wide variety of sensory experiences that create a natural environment in which children internalize in English accent, practice their first words and, most importantly, gather the vocabulary.
- Kids 6-12 years: During this course, there is an emphasize on gaining practice in both written and spoken level. Helen Doron English created its own materials that take care of developing necessary aspects to be able to acquire the mastery of a language.
- Teens 12-19 years: Teen English course is a seriously fun learning program developed to keep teenagers interested. The teenagers go all the way through starting from A1 level up to B2.
The company also offers various extracurricular activities such as birthday parties and vacation courses where children learn through theatre performances or make a virtual trip around the world through crafts, games, dances and cooking. These vacation courses are designed as a fun experience to learn to speak English and are available for both children who are already Helen Doron students and also new students.
Helen Doron Song club for kids and Helen Doron Radio for teenagers provide an entertaining way of learning. Helen Doron believes that music is very important in learning new languages and it’s the base element of all her courses.
You will surely find an educational center of Helen Doron English near your home because there is 8 of them located in Barcelona:
- Rambla de Guipúscoa, 11, 08018 Barcelona
- Plaça de Maragall, 18, 08027 Barcelona
- Carrer d’Alacant, 28, 08022 Barcelona
- c/ Còrsega, 92-96. Bajos., 08029 Barcelona
- Carrer d’Evarist Arnús, 08028 Barcelona
- Passatge De La Plana, 12, 08912 Badalona, Barcelona