Barcelona’s 26st International Festival of Advanced Music and New Media Art, Sónar, will be held from the 18th until the 20th July 2019. At the Sónar festival your ears will be pleased with the sounds of the newest electronic music trends. Sónar, created in 1994, is a global event; the festival is not only being held in Barcelona. Sonár visited many cities like Reykjavik, Buenos Aires, New York, London, Lisbon, Tokyo, Toronto, Frankfurt, and Oakland among many other destinations around the world. However, the festival takes place in Barcelona every summer, for three days.
What is Sónar?
For the electro-lovers among us, Sónar is the perfect music event to visit. Leading names in the current international music scene will provide you with amazing performances at the festival. Sónar unites established artists with emerging talents, in all areas of musical and audiovisual production by the interactions and hybridizations with digital creation and new media. The festival is divided into two parts: Sónar by Day and Sónar by Night. Sónar by Day takes place at Fira Montjujïc, and the day will be filled with concerts, DJ’s, showcases, and you will find the new Sonar +D area. Sónar by Night takes place at Fira Gran Via de L’Hospitalet, and you will find the biggest names in the current international music scene perform. Sónar has already released some names of artists and DJ’s that will be playing at the Sónar 2019 festival. | You can check the list of artists performing on the festival!
Sónar +D is a festival within the regular Sónar festival. Sónar +D was established in 2013. At Sónar +D new artists visionaries, developers, entrepreneurs, and technological companies will have the chance to exchange their knowledge. This way, the public can see what all these new business people have to offer with regards to art, music, and business.
Sonar by Day – Sonar by Night
The great information for all music lovers – visitors will have the possibility to fully enjoy the festival not only during the day, but also during the night! The great change to experience neverending marathon of music during the whole festival. While Sonar by Day will lasts from 1:00 pm to 11:00 pm/12:00 am and takes place at Fira Montjuic, Sonar by Night will be held at Fira Grand Via L´Hospitalet and starts at 8:30 pm. Visitors have more opportunities of transportation between those two places – SonarBus, Metro/FGC, Bus, Car or Taxi.
Eat good, sleep well
There is no place to hesitate, that your stomach will starve during the festival. Organisators will provide food trucks for both Sonar by Day and Sonar by Night with the various options. The chefs around the whole world will bring tasty menus and organic dishes.
In case you won´t have energy to party 3 day in a row, we will care about your comfort and will satisfy all your desires. Check the website of Barcelona Home and choose one of plenty of comfortable apartments available in the city centre or surrounding of Barcelona!
Sónar by Day: Fira Montjujïc, Avinguda Rius i Taulet, s/n 08004 Barcelona
Sónar by Night: Fira Gran Via de L’Hospitalet, Av. Joan Carles I (corner of Botánica) 08908 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat
- How to get there?
- Metro: Espanya (L1 and L3)
- Bus: lines 9, 13, 23, 27, 37, 46, 50, 65, 79, 85, 91, 100, 109, 150, D20, H12, L70, L72, L80, L81, L86, L87, L94, L95 and V7
- Train: you can take the train from the Espanya station, and from there you have the option to take the lines L8, S33, S4, S8, R5, or R6
- Sónar Bus: the Sónar bus has two lines, L1 and L2. L1 will take you from Sónar by Day to Sónar by Night on Friday and Saturday from 9 to 11pm. L2 is an uninterrupted bus service from Plaça de les Drassanes and Sónar by Night on Friday and Saturday from 8:30pm to 8am (a ticket will cost you €2,50)
- Sónar Pass: this ticket costs €170 and you will have entrance to all Sónar by Day activities and all Sónar by Night activities and the selection of activities at Sónar+D
- Sónar Pass VIP: this ticket costs €270 and you will have entrance to all Sónar by Day activities and all Sónar by Night activities and the selection of activities at Sónar+D, exclusive and fast access, food in VIP restaurants, access to VIP areas and views and more
- Full Delegate Pass Barcelona 2019: this ticket costs €240 and except the access to Sónar by Day and Sónar by Night, you will get an access to all professional activities at Sónar+D, access to exclusive areas, fast track access, access to VIP club areas and more
For more information on tickets and how to buy them, check the official website of Sónar.
Photo credit: europebookings.com, barcelona.carpe-diem.events, barcelonasecreta.com,
Looking for an apartment in Barcelona? Check out our SPECIAL DEALS ON APARTMENTS all over the city with Barcelona Home!