With Barcelona cycling tours and bike rentals, you can experience the city of Barcelona just like the locals do, by bike. It’s the fastest and most environmentally friendly way to discover the city and its hidden gems, not to mention the fun you will have. Hire a bicycle and explore Barcelona on your own or join one of the guided group tours organized by different companies.
- Barcelona CicloTour: The company was founded 10 years ago as one of the first promoters of cycling as a form of tourism and daily transport in Barcelona. They offer their services in 7 international languages conducted by experienced, well-traveled and knowledgable guides. Apart from renting bikes, the company organizes 8 specialized tours, each highlighting different aspects of Barcelona’s culture. There is a limit of twenty people per one group to make the whole experience more enjoyable for everyone. The main departure point is Placa Catalunya.
- Barcelona Bike Tour: Rental prices start at 5 Euros per hour, the entire day hire costs 12 Euros. They organize bike tours departing from Plaza Sant Jaume or their rental shop from Monday to Sunday all year round. The whole tour lasts 3 hours and covers the most important sights such as Sagrada Familia, Cathedral, Old Harbour, Ciutadella Park, El Born, the Gothic quarter and more. It will cost you 25 Euros and there is a free drink included.
- Happy rental bike: The offer various types of bicycles with prices starting at 4 Euros per hour. They also organize tours for groups up to ten people with three main routes designed to see the best every area has to offer. There is also an option to compose the route according to your point of interest. Apart from the guided group tours, their focus lies in private tours accompanied by a certain experience, such as dinner in a local restaurant and a flamenco show.
- Donkey Republic: It is a global bike rental service running in various cities in the world. All you need to do is to install their app on your phone to be able to find, unlock and rent the nearest rental bike. Barcelona Home offers you a 20% discount on Donkey Republic services.
- Movendo: This Barcelona based company rents bikes for 24 hours for only 6,95 Euros. Apart from bicycles, they also offer motorbikes to hire for a very low cost. With Barcelona Home promo code, you can get a 10% discount.
- Green Bikes: The shop is open seven days a week and rents bikes for just 2 Euros per hour. Green Bikes organize guided tours as well. The cost 25 Euros per person and last 3 hours. They cover sights such as Arc de Triomf, Monumental bullfighting ring, Parc de la Ciutadella, La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona’s city hall and more.
When visiting Barcelona, you should definitely consider exploring the capital of Catalonia on a bike too. Not only it’s a great way of blending in amongst locals and getting to know the city, but also a good form of an exercise.
Looking for an apartment in Barcelona? Check out our SPECIAL DEALS ON APARTMENTS all over the city with Barcelona Home!