Ahhhh beer… It´s the most widely consumed and most ancient alcoholic beverage and the third most popular drink overall. Beer is beloved all over the world by many different nationalities, by many different cultures. In recent years, the annual consumption of beer has totaled to approximately 1,400 million hectoliters across the world.
This year the 6th edition of the Barcelona Beer Festival will take place on the third weekend of March, from the 16th to the 18th at La Farga de L’Hospitalet in Barcelona. The event is designed for lovers and aficionados of beer who wish to taste more than 300 different varieties during a period of three days. Organized by the ACCA (Associacion para la cultura y la cerveza artesanal), the event is also a way to showcase Catalan craft beer culture. Get ready to have some fun with friends while drinking a nice pilsner or lager, eating delicious food and listening to music. The entrance is fee starts from 8€, including a glass, a guide and 2 Festival tokens, from which you can buy all types of beers.
#How it works
Easily! At the entrance purchase your beer festival glass and beer festival coins that can be used exclusively for Barcelona Beer Festival 2018. With these coins you will be able to purchase all the beer you want from among 300 different varieties. Non-alcoholic beer is available for those who do not consume alcohol and some gluten-free beer will also be available for purchase for gluten-intolerant guests. Paired with the different beers will be a wonderful selection of delicious food options, including cheeses from Asturias Pais de Quesos, Asian tapas and dumplings from Mosquito restaurant, delicious, juicy burgers and nachos from the restaurant Gastroburger, and traditional tapas from the famous Chivuo’s restaurant.
This festival is an opportunity to discover new and different beers from all over the world, to meet new people from all over the Spain and also to meet some of the brewers. Come have a nice time with your friends under the sun with the Djs spinning funky beats for entire weekend!
During the three-day festival there will be several activities planned. These can be divided into 3 main groups:
– Lectures (cultural and gastronomical) and presentations related to brewing projects will be held at the Auditorium. You can find a schedule of these on the event website. Most of these presentations and lectures will not be free, but they are relatively cheap (between €1 and €10 depending on the type). Some fascinating subjects include “The Quebec Beer” and “How to Taste Beer.¨
– Meet the Brewer: During these meetings, you will be able to listen to many of the international brewers from different countries such as Italy, Scotland, Sweden discuss their beer making strategy.
– Live cooking where you can discover and learn about delightful cuisines.
- Address: La Farga de L’Hospitalet – Carrer de Barcelona, 2, 08901 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona
- Price: 8€ (including a festival glass, a guide and 2 tokens, moreover the coins cost 1€)
- Hours: Friday and Saturday from 11h to 23h – Sunday from 11h to 21h
#How to get there
- Metro: L1 (Red line) – Metro Station: Rambla Just Oliveras
- Train: R5, R6, R50, R60, S4, S8, S33 i L8 – Train station: Sant Josep