If you are coming to Barcelona make sure that these places are on your bucket list! Our team has selected most important spots in beautiful Catalonia´s capital. Take a look at this amazing and after your trip to Barcelona let us know which was your favorite one!
1) Parc de la Ciutadella : Enjoy a day on the grounds of the Parc de la Ciutadella in its charming gardens, the zoo, and the Museu d’Art Modern. Take along a picnic, rent a rowboat and have a beautiful afternoon in front of the cascade.
2) Sagrada Familia: Go over to Barcelona’s most exquisite architectural masterpiece. Be sure to buy the ticket allows you access to the spire. You will have the opportunity to see Barcelona from a unique viewpoint. Tip: Try to go early in the morning to avoid crowds!
3) Ciudad Condal: Ciudad Condal is a lively restaurant with the most amazing tapas. They are always busy and unfortunately don’t take reservations, but are definitely worth the wait. Make sure to go over to the outside seating area and put your name down on the list! While you wait, you can take a walk around the area or go for a drink at their bar.
4) Plaza Espanya: Every 30 minutes between 9pm and 11pm, witness the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc located in Plaza Espanya. This spectacular water display accompanied by music is an unmissable attraction in Barcelona. Should you choose to visit, Plaza Espanya is also home to the bullring reformed into shopping center Las Arenas. With plenty of excellent rooftop restaurants to choose from, your dining experience will be accompanied by an incredible view.
5) Comaxurros: Churros, a warm, fried, sweet, bready Spanish treat is a must-have on your stay! I would recommend Comaxurros for some traditional churros with a modern twist. The churrería has earned its stellar reputation over the last few months for their new take on the snack, so head over to pamper your taste buds with deliciousness.
6) Barri Gothic: Experience Barcelona’s gothic quarter with buildings that date back to the medieval times. As the center of Barcelona’s old city, you will find several important landmarks here including Barcelona City History Museum, Cathedral of Santa Eulàlia, Palau de la Generalitat de Catalunya (Presidential Palace) as well as many others.
7) Park Güell: Designed by Catalan architect, Antoni Gaudi, Park Güell is one of Europe’s biggest architectural feats. Home to the Gaudi house museum as well as one of Barcelona’s most beautiful views, the garden is definitely worth stopping by.
8) Marmalade: A great lounge bar with a wide range of classic cocktails with a twist starting at 5 euros a pop. The bar has a restaurant area that is absolutely stunning with food that will surely tempt you. It’s very relaxed with a chill vibe but definitely worth stopping at.
9) Sensi: Spanish Tapas at its best! The food is upscale and the restaurant is intimate. Be sure to book in advance for a meal that will encourage you to come back for more. You can expect to find an intimate atmosphere, great wine and quality food.
10) Barcelona’s city center: Spend an afternoon strolling the busy, beautiful streets of Barcelona’s city center. A tourist hub, Las Ramblas is always full of life and energy, with street performers and little souvenir shops along the way. Start at Plaça de Catalunya and walk down las Ramblas till you hit la Boqueria. Take a quick stroll inside for some tasty fresh fruits, sweets and incredible croquets and empanadillas.
Picture Credit: Martin Abegglen – https://www.flickr.com/photos/twicepix/